Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Wilson nBlade 98 (Demo)

Rating:★★★★★
Category:Other
Actually, I don't own this racquet. I borrowed nBlades from my friend, who is Wilson professional. I had a chance to hit both versions - mid+ and oversized. For oversized, I think the racquet plays very similar to Head LM Radical in every aspects. I'd skip this nBlade OS review. For mid+ version, I found nBlade 98 a fun racquet to play with. It feels totally different from other typical Wilson frames. The strung (hybrid) weight is about 300g (too light for me) and equally balanced. Because of even balance, the racquet has extra power on your stroke. Take a closer look throughout the frame, the craftmanship looks just ok. The matt black and glossy gold make nBlade looks really classy. The cross section of nBlad frame looks kind of odd. It has semi-circular shape with foam-filled core called nFoam. This is a real highlight of the frame. The benefit of foam insider the core is to minimize the vibration. Let me talk a little bit about vibration. There is a different between "impaction" and "vibration." Impaction is the feel transferred from stringbed to frame right upon the ball impact, while vibration is a frame shake after impaction. Vibration normally last longer than impaction. The longer the vibration time, the more painful your arm is. Vibration can also cause of tennis elbow if you don't warm up long enough. Ideally, we want a frame with good ball impact feel and a short vibration time or zero vibration. Unfortunately, most vibration reduction technologies today get rid of both impaction and vibration. This is an exception for nBlade. With this nFoam, nBlad remains classic Wilson feel without too much vibration. I think nFoam is the only anti-vibration technology that works as advertised. Combined with a generous sweet spot, nFoam will add a huge "FUN" factor to your game. I enjoy groundstroke both FH and 1HBH without tiring my arm. It's highly recommended for your game as well as your health. Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment