Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Head MicroGEL Prestige Mid (Marat Safin) -- sold

Rating:★★★★
Category:Other
I never thought about buying MicroGEL stick because the cosmetic looks like candy. MicroGEL Prestige is an exception. When taking a close look on the frame, WOW! this is a gem. The classic box-beamed frame is painted with dark metallic-red on glossy pearl white. It reminds me of a famous Formula-1 Ferrari. I can't resist to get one at first sight. I wrapped the 4-1/2" grip with 2 layers of Tournagrip and strung it with Babolat XCel Power at 52 lbs. It feels great in hand. Even though it's heavy (330g unstrung), it's surprisingly maneuverable (probably matched to Wilson PS85). I can easily generate racquet head speed as fast as I want. MicroGEL Prestige feels totally different from LM Prestige, FXP Prestige, and even PC600 that I have ever used. It has more pop, quite a bit springy. The racquet has enough mass to generate plow through the ball smoothly, but not as good as PC600. I can generate powerful flat forehand consistently, but I still need an adjustment on my one-handed backhand. In overall, it's a pretty good mid-sized racquet.

Review at Tennis Warehouse: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/MGPMID/MGPMIDReview.html

No comments:

Post a Comment